Electrical Project Manager
Location: KNoxville, Tennessee
Project Managers will strive to achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, with a strong understanding of company values regarding productivity, quality, and customer-service. Project Managers will be able to resolve problems, identify trends, and determine system improvements to implement change when necessary.
- Manage multiple projects including budgeting, estimating (when required) and scheduling, and participate in design/assist budgeting activities when required by project.
- Review and understand the scope, contractual, and notice provisions of the contract.
- If not already committed to, build and gain approval of a billing/earned value schedule designed to plan and optimize project cash flow.
- Work with Purchasing to plan and manage the purchasing of materials, purchasing/rental of equipment, and contracting with sub-contractors.
- Plan for appropriate safety training and awareness and ensure appropriate practices are being consistently executed in the field.
- Identify and recommend value engineering and other value-creating ideas to maximize the overall value of the project.
- Monitor project performance with respect to quality versus specifications, progress versus schedule, and cost versus budget.
- Work with the Superintendent to make appropriate schedule and/or resource changes to ensure quality, schedule, and budget attainment.
- Complete all required and appropriate job documentation including daily job logs, submittals, etc.
- Schedule, prepare for, and conduct monthly project status (early indicator) meetings.
- Complete monthly forecast-to-complete process to ensure ongoing tracking and control of project.
- Track progress of work/value earned and perform monthly billing to manage project cash flow.
- Manage scope of work identifying, pricing, preparing, submitting, and ensuring approval of change orders.
- Assess and clearly communicate project status on a regular basis to all necessary parties.
- Identify project risks, develop plans to mitigate risk, and monitor ongoing potential risks.
- Calmly and constructively manage disagreements, conflicts, and crises as required.
- Perform timely and complete close-out of project ensuring all loose ends are tied off, both externally and internally.
- Degree in Business and/or Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time