General Construction Superintendent - Knoxville, TN
Location: KNoxville, Tennessee
BESCO ‘s General Construction Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Construction Superintendent for a project located in the Southeast Region. Candidates will be expected to manage a multifamily rehabilitation project in a face-paced environment.
- Oversee all Site Activities; reports directly to Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, policies and standards.
- Assist in planning and executing field activities and provide technical assistance as required.
- Supervise all field operations ensuring that the work is being done in accordance with the project strategy and construction documents, and that Subcontractor performance and quality of work meet expected standards for customer satisfaction.
- Perform thorough walkthroughs; monitor construction progress and quality control, and ensure compliance to both BESCO and OSHA safety standards.
- Provide Daily Reports and follow up immediately with Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure issues are being resolved.
- Facilitate subcontractor meetings to provide a forum for discussion of concerns and distribution of information.
- Lead through example in all areas of safety and compliance; comprehend and administer BESCO safety program that provides for a safe work environment and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels.
- Participate in preparation of RFI’s & Pricing of potential change orders.
- Minimum of 5 years project supervision experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Knowledge of scheduling, cost control and safety procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Outlook)
- Organized, detailed-oriented and efficient
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time