Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
The Superintendent is to supervise the field construction effort to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. The Superintendent will work with the Project Manager to manage overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, purchase/receipt/use of tools/equipment/materials, and safety promotion and compliance. The Superintendent is particularly responsible for directing all field labor resources and subcontractors to ensure a quality, timely, and within-budget construction project.
- Manage multiple projects including budgeting, estimating (when required) and scheduling, and participate in design/assist budgeting activities when required by project.
- Review and understand the scope, contractual, and notice provisions of the contract.
- If not already committed to, build and gain approval of a billing/earned value schedule designed to plan and optimize project cash flow.
- Work with Purchasing to plan and manage the purchasing of materials, purchasing/rental of equipment, and contracting with sub-contractors.
- Plan for appropriate safety training and awareness and ensure appropriate practices are being consistently executed in the field.
- Identify and recommend value engineering and other value-creating ideas to maximize the overall value of the project.
- Monitor project performance with respect to quality versus specifications, progress versus schedule, and cost versus budget.
- Work with the Superintendent to make appropriate schedule and/or resource changes to ensure quality, schedule, and budget attainment.
- Complete all required and appropriate job documentation including daily job logs, submittals, etc.
- Schedule, prepare for, and conduct monthly project status (early indicator) meetings.
- Complete monthly forecast-to-complete process to ensure ongoing tracking and control of project.
- Track progress of work/value earned and perform monthly billing to manage project cash flow.
- Manage scope of work identifying, pricing, preparing, submitting, and ensuring approval of change orders.
- Assess and clearly communicate project status on a regular basis to all necessary parties.
- Identify project risks, develop plans to mitigate risk, and monitor ongoing potential risks
- Calmly and constructively manage disagreements, conflicts, and crises as required
- Perform timely and complete close-out of project ensuring all loose ends are tied off, both externally and internally
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stand, walk and possess endurance and ability to visit and oversee entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures
- Ability work in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week
- Climb ladders and steps and be able to stand, balance, sit, stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time