Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
BESCO, a predominate Southeast Electrical Contractor, is seeking an experienced Estimator to perform quantitative take-off utilizing latest technology in compiling a bid proposal on complex Electrical Commercial/Industrial projects.
- Attend turn-over meeting formally handling over the project to the designated Project Manager.
- Review and understand the scope, contractual, and notice provisions of the contract.
- Responsible for detailed and accurate quality takeoffs, proposals and bids.
- Responsible for subcontractor and vendor bid solicitations.
- Develop and implement bid strategies.
- Attend and gather information from onsite pre-bid meetings and obtain the required training and background checks required to access to these facilities.
- Be able to accurately clarify and interpret subcontractor and vendor quotes and verify specifications and ensure owner requirements are being met.
- Facilitate bid review meetings.
- Identify critical items of the bid.
- Read and understand project specifications and construction drawings and be able to perform basic risk analysis.
- Submit and incorporate bid items into the estimating software.
- Calmly and constructively manage disagreements, conflicts, and crises as required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Degree in Business and/or Management is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Must have experience utilizing ACCUBID.
- Must be able to be badged at government facilities with secrete security clearance. (i.e. Q Clearance)
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes.
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time