Project Engineer / Electrical Designer
Location: KNoxville, Tennessee
Project Engineer/Electrical designer will report directly to the Engineering Manager and lead and/or assist with design and development of project execution and pre-fabrication plans.
- Assisting in the development of project execution plans with project team.
- Take lead on VDC projects as the electrical designer/detailer while working with project team to determine construction plan for electrical such as electrical room layout, conduit paths, and optimizing circuitry.
- Assisting with pre-fabrication.
- Create detailed 3D electrical models based on specifications and construction documents using Revit/AutoCAD.
- Develop construction, install, and pre-fabrication drawings for field and prefab shop use.
- Communicate with project manager and job superintendent on job specific plans based on the model.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure that all components are up to date in the model.
- Manage, develop, and modify families, blocks, and drafting standards.
- Strong electrical system installation layout experience.
- Applicants need to have a willingness to want to learn how to utilize CAD electrical systems in 2D and 3D models.
- Previous computer drafting skills are preferred.
- 8+ years of construction experience within commercial/industrial electrical buildings.
- 5+ years of project planning and project layout.
- 2+ years working knowledge of Navisworks, Bluebeam, Revit, and AutoCAD software.
- Complete understanding of what pieces and parts are needed for installation.
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technology.
- Strong communication skills to lead collaboration with project team to help facilitate project execution plans.
- Complete understanding of electrical systems.
- Competent in reading and understand all construction documents. (Submittals, RFIs, Specifications, All Construction Drawings)
- Strong understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and how to apply the code to projects.
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time