Mechanical / Construction Project Manager
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Focus on project profitability and produce consistent projection reports to upper management on project profitability vs budget
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Working knowledge of the plumbing, mechanical, and sheet metal trades is required.
- 5+ years proven experience as Construction Project Manager in a plumbing and mechanical environment is required.
- PMP or equivalent certification is preferred, but not required.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality, health, and safety standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Skilled at multi-tasking in fast-paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes.
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time