Industrial Service Technician
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Industrial Service Technician reports directly to the Service Manager. This position is responsible for servicing, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment, components, and control panels. This position requires extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes and regulations. Industrial electricians must also be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents, such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions. This position must also be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical components of industrial and commercial equipment.
- Working as a team member or independently to complete projects.
- Observing all safety procedures and meeting electrical codes.
- Making decisions based on technical documents and/or on-site evaluation of the situation.
- Performing quality testing and inspections.
- Perform physically demanding tasks for extended periods of time including but not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing ladders, and crawling.
- Operate hand tools while in close proximity to electrical components.
- Read and understand schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- 5+ years of electrical experience in industrial, commercial, restaurant / hospitality environments.
- Knowledge of PLC and instrumentation controls as well as electrical systems, hand tools, test instruments and industrial/commercial equipment.
- Experience with fire alarm, data communications, electric vehicle charging stations, solar and thermography is a plus.
- Knowledge of national, state and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail as well as be adept in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Willingness to work extended hours and on-call schedule.
- Full benefits available
- Job Type: Full-time