Purchasing Clerk is responsible for maintaining a relationship between the Company and its selected vendors. The main responsibility for this position is ensuring that all purchase orders are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner, along with ensuring that vendor received invoices match the purchase orders.
- Completion of all purchase orders issued by Procurement in Spectrum software.
- Emailing purchase orders once completed to vendor/supplier.
- Receiving in Spectrum of all purchase orders issued by Procurement.
- Ensure that vendor invoices match the purchase order that was issued.
- Receive invoices daily.
- Resolving all “problem” purchase orders/invoices for Accounts Payable that were issued by Procurement.
- Work with Vendor/BESCO Project Managers & Assistants/Accounts Payable to quickly resolve “problem invoices” through email, phone, and in-person visits.
- Keep “Problem Invoice” spreadsheet updated daily on Share drive for visibility by management.
- Provide assistance to Buyers as needed.
- Issue “Counter Order/Walk-In” Purchase Orders.
- Be the POC for Service Dept PO requests. (Typically, are Counter Orders)
- Receive packing slips and assist in tracking of orders.
- Help cover order requests while Buyer(s) are out of office.
- Meet weekly with Vendors and Purchasing Team to discuss and resolve “problem” invoices and any other action items.
- Work with Central Office administration for purchasing of West Knoxville office supplies for Estimating and Purchasing.
- Work closely with other Purchasing, Accounting, Project Managers, Field Personnel and Vendors to resolve any issues related to purchase order processing including coding, pricing, and receipt of goods.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Prior purchasing and/or accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in supply chain preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in high volume general data entry and processing.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Good planning and organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Time management skills and ability, at times, to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet established attendance standards.
Job Type: Full-time