- Attend turn-over meeting formally handling over the project to the designated Project Manager.
- Review and understand the scope, contractual, and notice provisions of the contract.
- Responsible for detailed and accurate quality takeoffs, proposals and bids.
- Responsible for subcontractor and vendor bid solicitations.
- Develop and implement bid strategies.
- Attend and gather information from onsite pre-bid meetings.
- Be able to accurately clarify and interpret subcontractor and vendor quotes and verify specifications and ensure owner requirements are being met.
- Facilitate bid review meetings.
- Identify critical items of the bid.
- Read and understand project specifications and construction drawings and be able to perform basic risk analysis.
- Submit and incorporate bid items into the estimating software.
- Calmly and constructively manage disagreements, conflicts, and crises as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance for employee and family members effective on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Long term disability insurance effective on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment.
- Life insurance equivalent to two times yearly salary.
- 401 (k) plan: All employee contributions are fully vested. Company match 50% of the employee contribution up to a maximum of 4% and are eligible to participate on the first day of the month following employment.
- Total of 10 paid holidays.
- Sick time equates to 10 days per annum and will be prorated per start date.
Job Type: Full-time