BESCO, a predominately Southeastern Electrical Contractor is seeking an experienced Substation Project Manager who can achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, with a strong understanding of company values regarding productivity, quality, and customer-service. Project Managers will be able to resolve problems, identify trends, and determine system improvements to implement change when necessary. Immediate opening in our Knoxville, TN office.
- Manage multiple projects including budgeting, estimating (when required) and scheduling, and participate in design/assist budgeting activities when required by project.
- Review and understand the scope, contractual, and notice provisions of the contract.
- If not already committed to, build and gain approval of a billing/earned value schedule designed to plan and optimize project cash flow.
- Work with Purchasing to plan and manage the purchasing of materials, purchasing/rental of equipment, and contracting with sub-contractors.
- Plan for appropriate safety training and awareness and ensure appropriate practices are being consistently executed in the field.
- Identify and recommend value engineering and other value-creating ideas to maximize the overall value of the project.
- Monitor project performance with respect to quality versus specifications, progress versus schedule, and cost versus budget.
- Work with the Superintendent to make appropriate schedule and/or resource changes to ensure quality, schedule, and budget attainment.
- Complete all required and appropriate job documentation including daily job logs, submittals, etc.
- Schedule, prepare for, and conduct monthly project status (early indicator) meetings.
- Complete monthly forecast-to-complete process to ensure ongoing tracking and control of project.
- Track progress of work/value earned and perform monthly billing to manage project cash flow.
- Manage scope of work identifying, pricing, preparing, submitting, and ensuring approval of change orders.
- Assess and clearly communicate project status on a regular basis to all necessary parties.
- Identify project risks, develop plans to mitigate risk, and monitor ongoing potential risks
- Perform timely and complete close-out of project ensuring all requirements are completed and finalized, both externally and internally
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- 8+ years’ experience in a related field with a minimum of 5 years in either/both AIS or GIS Substation Construction.
- Some travel required
- Adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Able to work independently and across multiple teams and levels within and outside of the organization and also take initiative on projects
- Experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Full Benefits Available.