BESCO, a predominately Southeastern Electrical Contractor is seeking an experienced Project Assistant who shall be responsible for supporting the project team in performing file management, document review and tracking, report preparation, and other related activities, in a faced paced environment. Immediate opening in our Knoxville, TN office.
- Generate, track, and complete all necessary subcontracts, purchase orders, bonds, and other project functions, including but not limited to, change orders.
- Be familiar with state construction requirements and lien procedures.
- Maintain project documents within the Contract Manager Software, standardized filing system, and server.
- Answer calls from vendors and/or clients.
- Gather and assemble supporting documents for Project Manager, including time cards, visa expense reports, and other necessary documentation.
- Manage project requirements, including cost tracking, as needed.
- Assist with bid running including helping other offices when available.
- Participate in meetings, taking and publishing necessary minutes.
- Process project close out documents.
- Track, manage, and process purchase orders and invoices as necessary.
- Complete all necessary accounts receivable invoicing.
- Some coverage of front desk duties will be included.
- Other general office and clerical duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a construction environment.
- Basic understanding of necessary accounting principles and processes.
- Attention to detail and math skills are essential.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in copying/moving files and creating directories in a Windows environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced atmosphere, with the ability to assist the project team in directing the flow of office procedures for timely distribution and coordination.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time